We collect data about you when you use this service. We do this so that we can understand what interests people and how we can improve the site. We share some of this data with third parties who provide us with analytics and other services.
You have rights over what is done with data that is about you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you want to get a copy of that data. You can also ask us to update it, delete it or stop using it.
What data do we collect and why?
When you register with this website, we ask for and keep the following:
- your name, so we know how to address you
- your email address, so we can contact you
- Your short name or preferred way of being addressed
- Your organisation and preferred jurisdiction
We store this data until you delete your account, which you can do by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also collect data as you use this website about:
- what pages you access, so that we know what content is popular
- the device and software you use, so that we know how to design the site
- your location, so that we know where in the world we reach
We do not link this back to your name or email address and we only store it in aggregated form.
How do we use this data?
We use this data to:
- Enable the core features of this service, such as allowing you to complete your certificates at your leisure and manage earlier certificates. Data stored about your organisation and choice of jurisdiction is also used to display accurate information in the resulting certificates
- understand what the users of our website need so we can improve it
We do not use it for any automated decision making.
How do we share this data?
We share this data with a few third parties, who process it to give us better understanding:
- Google Analytics, to analyse the users of our website
We have made sure the third parties who are not in the EU protect the data to the same extent as companies in the EU.
If you register on behalf of an organisation we may need to share your email address with your employer to help manage your account.
We may also need to share this data with the authorities if they ask us to do so.
What rights and control do you have?
Because we operate in the UK, you have rights over the data about that we collect. You can:
- ask for a copy of data we have collected about you
- ask us to update that data
- ask us to delete it
- ask us to stop using it
If you ask for a copy of data we have about you, we have to provide it to you free of charge. You can ask us to send it directly to a third party. We have to provide it in a commonly-used machine-readable format.
You can do some of these things through the website, by editing your account. Otherwise, contact: email@example.com.
Please tell us if you have concerns about how we collect, use or share data about you. You can also raise your concerns with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
When might this policy change?
Who can I talk to about this policy?
The data controller for this website is Open Data Institute of 5th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG.
Create a certificate
Don't have an account?
Don't worry, you can register later to save your work.Create an account